Sunday, April 8, 2007

Brief Reflections

1. For reasons not interesting enough to post here, I have been without cell phone for the past 2 days. In some ways, it has been a refreshing "out of pocket" break from the norm. All that to say, I haven't been ignoring you if you've tried to call me the past two days.

2. I haven't yet claimed a tree, but I echo Annie's sentiment on the new Riverstone building. My prayer is that of the staff - that the church won't settle into a "we're another nice church in the area" mold. It'll be tempting. It'll be easy. Let's be dangerous. Let's be adventurous. Let's keep Community Transformation as the mission before us. Really, let's let God be God through seasons both good and challenging. Everything else will flow from this wellspring. I just wrote wellspring.

3. I've been doing a lot of reflection lately on a variety of life issues. One of these involves where I was a year ago and where I am today. A year ago, I was still at Asbury Seminary going through an unprecedented amount and series of life challenges. I was returning from the Russ Mills wedding where I had an amazingly fun time with great friends old and new (A Night to Remember!!!). I was gearing up for a graduation and move that was both desired yet kind of sad as another life chapter was closing behind me.

I now find myself back in Atlanta. I've come a long way but also feel like I'm just now finally finding my place back home. The transition out of seminary is one difficult to explain so I won't try. I guess it's just good to be home. As much as I feel that I'm kind of at a plateau spot at the moment, which is mildly frustrating, I can't complain. God is good.

And I almost forgot...SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!!

No comments: