Sunday, February 4, 2007

It's Time - Part One (The Vision)

In the book "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge, they posit that a major part of a women's heart is the desire to have a beauty all her own to unveil. In a connection that is admittedly a bit tenuous, I am finally responding to my innate desire to have a BLOG all my own to unveil.

I have had a large number of people throughout the years encourage me to write, from my parents to high school English teachers all the way through college, seminary and the present. God truly knows that I've done my fair share of school-related writing and seriously wacky e-mail posting to my friends at The Forum (you know who you are). Recently, several have expressed an interest in reading my blog if I ever started one.

I was on the edge, ready to leap but still holding on loosely until I saw that Michael Mozley has a blog. It was time to let go. It was time to create a blog with the writing style of a less emotional Annie Downs. IT IS TIME. Let the blog journey begin.

I conclude Part One of these introductory posts with my blog purpose/vision statement:

"The purpose of G M O and Associates - Garrick O'Blogger is to entertain, inspire, enjoy, educate, illustrate, illuminate and post irrelevant thoughts on a variety of God, life and mind-inspired topics so that I might glorify God to the best of my ability."

As well, like Rev. Mozley, this might serve as a prime spot to post thoughts that would probably serve me well in sermons or teachings but would otherwise be lost if I didn't record them.

Also, an underlying goal is to keep this from being a diary but rather something 5, 10 or 15 people might actually want to check out on occasion. More in Part Two...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally a GMO blog!! Welcome to cyberspace!

dnorton said...

I've been reading the fake blog ifonlygarrickomalleyhadablog.blogspot.com for years. It's fantastic and completely fake. Please don't try to go to that address because it doesn't exist (at least at the time of this comment posting.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Garrick...ryan here. awesome. i loved reading your first blog. love the purpose statement. nice. i think this is a GREAT idea for you. behind you 100%. i think you and i have a kindred spirit in this, because i have just started blogging myself, on myspace. don't know the difference between that and this, but i'll look into it. may have to get an account here as well.
so, where do i subscribe for yours? :)