Sunday, February 4, 2007

It's Time - Part Two (You Can Stalk Me)

A few more things to know as I begin:

1. To those that say, "You just made a purpose statement for a freaking blog," I present my desire for excellence in my pursuits big and small. No, this doesn't mean I sit there and think, "Wow, I'm really doing this excellently" when heating up some Beanee-Weenee's for a late night dinner-snack. It just means I don't see the reason to do a half-aced job on something even if I think it's only a moderately worthy pursuit.

2. To The Forum: I'm not walking away from you. I originated the thing and I see it as serving a different niche in my life that can complement the blog rather than compete with it. You still have my undivided love and nurture.

3. Q: Why "G M O and Associates" and who are they?! A: An associate is one who joins or connects with another in partnership and purpose (even friendship), often to accomplish something. I find myself in a lot of associate situations these days. My FT job enables me to use a network of chauffeured ground transportation and I also have a desire to be part of the affiliation of churches which will flow out of Riverstone: A Wesleyan Fellowship Church. I love the idea of joining together with like-minded people to get things done.

As a Christian, I am part of the Body of Christ. It's a pretty awesome association and while the term "association" doesn't really do it justice, it gets the ball rolling. So - anyone reading this is welcome to associate with me and I with you on our journey with the Lord through life and to especially see community and life transformation. Even if you're not a Christian, we can associate in friendship and connection on a variety of levels as we go through this life one step at a time.

4. Finally, this blog is the perfect place for any young ladies interested in getting to know me a little better to stalk me in a perfectly acceptable manner. So please, stalk on. Don't be afraid. I may be freakishly tall but I don't intend to intimidate.

And yes, that was meant to be funny. I mean, you know, sort of. Just don't call me and breathe over the phone line or be waiting in a dark corner of my room when I come home from work. Candace Curry would definitely frown upon those methods as they DO NOT maintain healthy boundaries.

That's all for now. Congratulations if you made it this far. You're truly an Associate.

P.S. Really cool to hear the Colts praise God in victory and sound like they truly mean it. I've always liked Coach Dungy and am glad to see him get this win. Also glad to see Peyton get the big one. Great QB, likeable guy and top notch (hilarious) commercial actor.

Prince also shredded tonight.

3 comments:

Nellie said...

Garrick! This is awesome. Welcome to blog world. I can't wait to read what is sure to come!

Katie B said...

HA! Welcome to the blog world! (blorld?) And the link to my page is funny... oh, you.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. love it. love it that you have a purpose statement and use the phrase "half-ace". i actually use a different latter word, but this one works too. just finished reading an awesome book that has inspired to not go half-ace through life: seizing your divine moment by erwin mcmanus. excellent read if you get a chance. i'm in agreement with everything you said her. a little questionable on #4, lol, but that's just quintessential garrick. take care, bro. blessings to you. and go colts, praise god like you mean it.