Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm Still Alive and I'm Lovin' the Weather

Thank you to Tatum and Nellie for posting feedback that lets me know someone, anyone, actually looks at this blog. They have been the wind beneath my blog wings, or something like that. Katie B gets a third place nod although I'm only evaluating by people who provide on-blog feedback. Are there any frequent readers I don't know about? Mike Collins? Adam Dark? Atlanta Thrashers defender Garnet Exelby?

In preliminary answer to this question, Tatum needs to know there is no shame in being a fan. There are teeming 10's and 15's of you out there, secretly reading even these very words. You know who you are. Seriously. You are receiving an early summer tan from the warm glow of the computer screen. You won't be looked down upon should you choose to reveal yourself.

Now that I think about it, though, perhaps I need to do some kind of sports piece to increase my male readership. For some reason my readership appears to be more female dominated than the student body at the University of Georgia, which was recently in the 55/45 range. It's not quite at chick flick attendance level but it's getting dangerously close. Maybe putting out word that I like Hugh Grant movies was not the best idea. Seriously, I'm dangerous. I really am. I'll get in a knife fight at a moments notice.

So, where have I been? Let's just say it's been an odd month of helping the company with reverse shifts. I've got one more week of this, though, and will emerge a new man. It'll be a springtime blog wonderland.

Speaking of spring: I'm really, really excited about the return of awesome weather even in light of the fact that this was about the most mild winter I've ever experienced. I am a very nostalgiac person when it comes to weather - I can feel the weather in an emotional way that floods my mind with a steady stream of memories. Sometimes it hits all at once, with a bunch of snapshots of past experiences popping up in my mind that coorelate to the season at hand. These are memories both good and bad but all in all it's just good to sit and soak up the sun. All the more easy with Sheryl Crowe's hit song of the same lyric playing in the distance. Not that this is currently happening but you get the point.

It also motivates me to get out and do more. When the weather is nice I feel like I'm missing something. Matt said this evening, "Today was one of those days I wish I had a woman to take to the park." Well said, Matt. You'll get to that park someday.

So, I'm around. I'm enjoying the promise of spring and the ability to kick winter to the cold curb. Here comes the sun. Here comes the shorts and sandals. And, to a lesser extent, here come the blogs.

Stick around and read away. If you don't, watch out. I might challenge you to a knife fight.

2 comments:

AnnieBlogs said...

Knives scare me. So I'll keep reading. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs.